Sunday, January 22, 2012

Departure Delayed

I am taking off a day later than planned after a couple flight cancellations today. I will now be taking off tomorrow at 6:58 in Des Moines, then leaving just after 10 from Chicago to Copenhagen.

The last couple days have been good, though! I got some late night McDonalds and watched Supernatural with Jenna and Miranda Wednesday, then I took Miranda out to Red Lobster for a "see you later" date Friday night. I was amazed by how much food she got for $15 dollars in their 4 course feast! I was feeling adventurous so I splurged on a meal that had lobster tail, mussels, scallops, and shrimp in pasta. It was delicious. After that we played some Mario Kart with my youngest brother and he beat us ALMOST every time. After that we watched "One Day", a pretty terrible movie based on what I imagine is a MUCH better book. The ending was sad and very well done, I just wish the rest of the movie had that same quality. Then Saturday morning we went to Panera for some Cinnamon Crunch bagels. Altogether a very delicious and enjoyable time!

Saturday I napped, finished Miranda's V-Day gift and I also had a cajun chicken pasta dinner with my grandparents. It was great to see them one last time before I jump the pond. I then stayed up super late playing video games with my broski Gilbert. I had some internet problems but still kicked ass. In case anybody cared :P

Today was the "fun" day...I woke up 4 hours before my anticipated "leave for the airport" time with nothing packed. Then I found out that the flight was cancelled and had to get it rescheduled. I got that figured out and had an extra 30 minutes to pack. I used every second! I finally got everything packed spent the last 10 minutes deciding which coat to take: Heavy winter oakley snowboarding coat OR lighter but more stylish, better fitting, peacoat? I went with the peacoat :-)

After arriving at the airport I was informed that my flight was once again cancelled and given a few choices for next day departures. I picked the same flight, 6:56, tomorrow. So hopefully that goes well for me! And the bonus is that it gives me one more chance at getting my Cell Phone in the mail before I leave. Otherwise I have to have it shipped to me :P I am now sitting with Miranda and Jenna while they do homework, relaxed and enjoying another night in the states. I really lived up to my mantra today, which is to just roll with the punches. If stressing about things made them better the world would be a different place, but it doesn't. So I didn't. And that is why today's quote is...

I also think stress is related to control. When you're in charge of your life, you tend to not care about losing control of things that don't really matter like traffic jams. -Marilu Henner

No comments:

Post a Comment